This clinical treatment program addresses attention as a comprehensive multi-level functional process. It provides a theoretically based, hierarchically organized method of retraining the process of attention and is based on extensive clinical research in cognitive rehabilitation.
What is APT-1?
- Comprehensive, self-contained program designed to retrain attention and concentration deficits in persons with brain injury
- Theoretically based set of treatment materials and tasks addressing five separate levels of attention process
- Hierarchically organized auditory and visual tasks designed to improve sustained, selective, alternating and divided attention
- Easily administered and scored
- Proven effective in increasing attentional skills in published research studies
Who can use it?
Neuropsychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, cognitive remediation specialists, and special education specialists.
Who is it designed for?
- Inpatients or outpatients with brain injury
- Patients with attention deficits ranging from mild to severe
Sample Treatment Activities include...
- Number cancellation with visual distractor
- Sustained attention in noise using audio files
- Flexible shape cancellation
- Set-dependent alternating attention tasks
- Divided attention tasks.
Theoretical background for a five level model of attention. Descriptions for over 50 separate attention treatment activities hierarchically referenced to the theoretical model.
The manual contains over 75 perfect bound pages with detailed administration procedures. An attention audio program contains 4 audio files on a USB. PDF files for 15 scoresheets are included on a USB.
Contains two visual stimulus sheets, 3 visual distractor overlays, reusable overlays, 2 marking pens, deck of playing cards, 4 response clickers, and stopwatch.
Extra USB Drives are available separately:
Item: APT1P Extra USB Drive with PDF scoresheet files
Item: APT1D Extra USB with 4 audio stimuli files